Yesterday I made the most amazing carrot cake ever!
I followed a recipe from a colleage from my mom.
These cupcakes are great for a birthday party or a family party.
What you need for about 15 cupcakes :
2 dl white sugar
2 dl flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 dl olive oil
3dl fresh grated carrots
This is how you make the cupcakes:
1) Preheat the oven to 175°C
2) To make the cakes less heavy you can beat the egg whites
until you have a fluffy cloud that stands up.
3) Blend the sugar with the egg whites and the egg yolk to a nice, firm mousse.
4) Blend all dry ingredients together and add carefully the egg-sugar mousse.
5) Add the carrot. Some carrots can be very wet, therefore I prefer to
tap them dry a bit with paper towel.
6) You can now put your mixture in your cupcakes cases.
7) Leave your cupcakes in the oven for about 20-30 minutes.
Before you can start with the icing, let the cakes cool down for a bit.
What you will need for the icing:
200 gr fresh cheese (Philadelphia cheese natural, no light version)
100 gr butter at room temperature
200 gr icing sugar
100 gr crushed nuts (you can use almost every kind of nuts, also salad mix nuts)
This is how you make the icing:
1) Blend the icing sugar, butter and fresh cheese
with an electric blending machine. Be careful that
the icing sugar does not fly around the whole kitchen! 😉
2) Blend the icing ingredients until it is quite firm ( 3-5 minutes)
3) Add the icing to the cupcakes and finish by adding some nuts on the top.
It is preferable to make the carrot cupcakes the previous day, so you can
leave them in the fridge for a night.
They taste the best when they have some time to ‘cool down’.
Lots Of Love Hannah